Skilled Legal Representation For A Range Of Family Law Matters
When you are going through a divorce, the quality of your family law attorney can make a huge difference in the outcome of your divorce, custody agreement or spousal support arrangement.
The Law Office of Lori Watson is 100% dedicated to family law. Ms. Watson has more than 20 years of experience and is an efficient, thorough and realistic attorney who is dedicated to protecting your rights and helping you achieve your short-term and long-term goals.
Get the help you need today. Call our Georgetown office at 512-931-2121.
Legal Solutions That Are Tailored To Your Needs
As your lawyer, Ms. Watson will work diligently to find the best available legal solutions while serving as a supportive guide through your divorce, custody dispute or another family law matter. Our law firm can help you with a wide range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce: We represent people seeking a divorce that is uncontested, where our involvement is minimal, to people involved in a contested divorce, where aggressive litigation and negotiation skills are often required.
- Stepparent adoptions: We help stepparents adopt children by terminating the parental rights of a biological parent and seeking a court order granting the adoption by the stepparent.
- Collaborative divorce: We help clients come to terms and have more power over legal matters through this process centered on resolving a divorce with a team of professionals dedicated to finding amicable solutions for the parties.
- Divorce modification: Situations can change once a divorce decree is in place. When a modification is needed, we can help.
- The collaborative divorce process: Collaborative divorce allows you and your spouse to arrive at divorce terms that are agreeable to all parties involved. This avoids having a judge impose terms on you that neither party finds ideal.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: We respectfully and carefully prepare premarital and post-marital documents that will safeguard your rights and protect your interests.
- Property division: We can help you understand how property division is handled in Texas, what equitable distribution means and how retirement assets and benefits are divided.
- Temporary orders: Temporary orders can be used to initiate support payments, protect access to your children and prevent your spouse from running up debt on jointly held credit cards.
- Child custody and visitation: We place a strong emphasis on working to achieve a balance between your parental rights and the best interests of the children.
- Nonstandard possession schedules/parenting plans: We help parents create custody and parenting time arrangements that make the most sense for them and their children.
- Child support and spousal support: We seek to achieve fair outcomes for both children and spouses.
- Paternity/parentage: We file all necessary paperwork related to the determination of paternity in order to initiate child support payments or demand a father’s right to parenting time with his child.
- Enforcement: We help ensure that former spouses are in compliance with divorce decrees, and we defend against unreasonable enforcement actions.
- Relocation: We strive to resolve relocation matters using creative, intelligent solutions that work for our clients and their children.
- Mediation: Ms. Watson is noted for her excellent ability as a mediator in a process that is usually far less expensive and contentious than a traditional divorce.